Saturday, August 17, 2013

Radical Obedience

If you love me, you will obey what I command.  John 14:15
He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”  Luke 11:28

Good morning friends.  I pray this past week was pleasant and you recognized the hand of God at work in your life.  Today I would like to touch on the subject of radical obedience.  Many authors have written on radical obedience and have their own views regarding what radical obedience to God involves.  I ask today for you to examine your heart and ask yourself these questions.  Am I obedient to my Savior and LORD?  Is there something in my life that God is asking me to release so that I can walk with Him in obedience? 

My friends, our Savior and LORD desires to use us in an extraordinary way for His Kingdom.  We miss many blessings and divine opportunities when we choose not to walk in obedience.  Will you make the choice to walk in obedience?  Our LORD is with us to provide the mercy, grace, strength, and courage which we will need as we walk in obedience to His calling.  We can take comfort in knowing that God tells us in His Word in Isaiah 41:10 – So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

So I ask you today, is God asking you to decide between your will and His will?  Lysa Terkerust makes this statement in her book titled What Happens When Women Say Yes to God.  “We need not fear what our obedience will cause to happen in our life.  We should only fear what our disobedience will cause us to miss.”  Dear friends I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to miss any blessing that my Heavenly Father has in store for me upon this earth. 

What is God asking of you today?  God does not want our halfhearted response.  He desires complete surrender.  Is there something you are holding on to that is coming between you and your complete surrender to your Savior?  Hold loosely to the things of this world.  They are passing.  God has given us what we have as a blessing.  It is not to become a stumbling block that keeps us from our surrender and our obedience to Him. 

Corrie Ten Boom said, “We must hold everything loosely, because when we grip it tightly, it hurts when our Father pries our fingers loose and takes it from us.”  God tells us in Matthew 6:19-21 – Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 

Say YES to God today.  Release your grip on what is keeping you from complete surrender. 


Dear Heavenly Father, I pray today for my friends that you will place in their hearts a desire to be obedient to You.  LORD provide grace, mercy, courage, and strength as they walk in Your ways.  I pray that their desire to surrender and be obedient to you will be the delight of their lives.  In Jesus Precious Holy Name…AMEN

2 comments:

  1. Loved your blog Tessa and I really like that quote from Corrie Ten Boom - never heard that. Thanks so much for sharing. Debbie W. (OBS Facebook Group leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I finally figured out how to sign in.

    Tessa, I wanted to tell you again how much I'm enjoying your blog.
    Thanks for sharing and I can't wait until the books I ordered for me and your Mother come in. Patricia

    ReplyDelete