Friday, September 6, 2013

Inspired By Obedience


May the Lord show mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, because he often refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chains.  2 Timothy 1:16

Hello Friends.  I pray that you took the opportunity this past week to spend time in God’s Word.  Often we allow many things to drown out the voice of our Savior and LORD.  I encourage you  to make the time to allow your Heavenly Father to refresh your soul. 

As I participated in my book study this past week, What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, this question was asked – Have you been inspired by someone else’s obedience to God?  I would like to ask another question for us to consider.  Has my obedience to God been and inspiration and encouragement to others?

We read in 2 Timothy, Paul was imprisoned and he knew he would soon be facing death.  Imagine the mental and physical conditions Paul had to endure in this dark, damp, musty dungeon.  We see in the above verse that a man named Onesiphorus took the time to visit Paul.  As hard as it is to understand how one can be refreshed in prison, Paul said that he was refreshed after visiting with Onesiphorus.  Onesiphorus, being obedient to the LORD, visited Paul in prison and ministered to him. 

I think about the Christian saints in my life who I have watched be obedient to the LORD.  They have inspired and encouraged me, even during difficult seasons of their lives.  I remember the dedication my grandparents had to reading the Word of God and serving their Savior and LORD.  I remember their commitment to their church family and their commitment to ministering to those that did not attend church.  I am thankful for those who taught me in Sunday School and Training Union when I was a little girl. These teachers were so faithful to teach God’s Word. They provided me with a Biblical foundation.  I am thankful that my parents took me to church.  These Christians have inspired me through their obedience.  They have inspired me as I have watched them handle lives’ difficulties with a godly attitude.  I encourage you dear friend, take the time to let those who have inspired you, by their obedience to the LORD, know that they have been a blessing to you.  What a gift of refreshment they will receive from you when you acknowledge the godly example they have lived.  I received such a gift last night.  I received an email from a mom of young lady I had taught in kindergarten.  She is now a senior in high school.  This email was a gift of refreshment that blessed my heart. 

Galatians 6:10 – Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.  Friends, we will have the opportunity to inspire others.  When your Savior and LORD directs you down a path, choose the path of obedience.  Our obedience to our LORD may inspire others to choose obedience.  Ephesians 5:15-16 – Be very careful, then, how you live – not as unwise but wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.  Prayerfully seek God’s wisdom and direction.  Our God will never fail to direct us down the path He desires for us to travel.  Colossians 4:5-6 – Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.  Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so you may know how to answer everyone. 

Whether we acknowledge it or not, others are watching.  We have the opportunity to live our lives and inspire others.  I encourage you today to make the choice to be obedient to your Heavenly Father and go out and inspire others to fully commit to their Savior and LORD.

Dear Precious Heavenly Father…..I pray today that You will provide us with the desire and the strength to walk in obedience to Your calling upon our lives.  Give us wisdom Father when making decisions.  Help us to be compassionate and kind to believers and unbelievers.  I pray that the words we speak will always honor and glorify You.  Thank you LORD for the Christian saints in my life, who have inspired me to be obedient to the calling You have placed before me.  In Jesus Holy Name I Pray…..AMEN




No comments:

Post a Comment