Saturday, February 28, 2015

To Love is to Obey


In fact, this is love for God:  to keep his commands.  And his commands are not burdensome. 

1 John 5:3

 

We demonstrate our love for our Savior and LORD by being obedient to His calling and His commands.  Are you walking in obedience to your LORD?  We are blessed to have God's Word to lead, guide, and direct our walk of obedience.  God did not leave us in the dark.  Be intentional about reading God's Word and allowing Him to direct your walk of obedience.  Prayerfully ask God to open your eyes and reveal wondrous things from His Holy Word.  Psalm 119:18 - Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law. 

 

God clearly tells us in His Word that His commands are not burdensome.  His commands are not heavy in weight, severe, or cruel.  God never places upon us a burdensome or a grievous load of legalism.  Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light - Matthew 11:28-30.  Dallas Willard once stated, "One of the lies about the spiritual life is that it is hard.  No, no.  It is not hard.  It is the easy way.  What's hard is the other way, and that is what you see when you look at the world." 

 

If we love God, we will obey Him.  God will provide us the strength and the ability to walk in obedience.  Philippians 4:13 - I can do all this through him who gives me strength.  The power we receive in union with Jesus Christ is sufficient to do His will.  Prayerfully ask Jesus to help you walk in obedience to His will and His ways.  We are incapable of walking in obedience in our own strength.  Call upon Jesus.  His grace is sufficient.  My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me - 2 Corinthians 12:9. 

 

Choose today to walk in complete obedience to Almighty God.  If we love God, we will desire to demonstrate our love through our obedience.  Choose today to live as Jesus lived.  Obey God's teaching found in His Holy Word and follow Jesus Christ's example of complete obedience to God.  1 John 2:5-6 - But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them.  This is how we know we are in him.  Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. 

 

Run in the path of God's commands today.  Psalm 119:32 - I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free. 

 

Dear Heavenly Father, we desire to walk in Your will and Your ways.  We love You.  Help us to walk in obedience to Your calling upon our lives.  Lead and guide us as we read and study Your Holy Word.  Allow us to hear Your Word clearly.  In Jesus Name I Pray.....Amen.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment